Direct Flights from India to Canada were suspended since April 22, 2021. International students were particularly affected by the flight suspension, as they were having to quarantine into another city for at least 14 days, before continuing their journey to Canada.
Direct flights are set to resume at 00:01 Eastern Time (ET) on September 27, 2021. All direct flights from India to Canada will be allowed, but you still need to comply with the travel requirements below:
- be fully vaccinated: a traveller must have received, and show proof of, the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or their arrival at the land border crossing, or a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days before departure to Canada. Antigen tests, often called “rapid tests,” are not accepted
- be asymptomatic
- submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN (App or website), including proof of vaccination in English or French and a quarantine plan
- be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and
- take a test on arrival, if selected
You can use the Transport Canada wizard to Find out if you can travel and what you may need to enter Canada.
Need a hand with your application, contact us today. Turningstone Immigration Consulting is a full-service Immigration consultancy. Our services are provided by Certified Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).
We deal in all types of immigration-related applications, like Permanent Residence (PR), Study Permits, Work Permits, PGWP, Visit Visa (Temporary Resident Visas), Super Visa, Family Sponsorships for PR Applications, Refusals of all application types and much more. Contact Us Today.