We all know Canada’s got that charm, right? Stunning lakes, delightful poutine, and that legendary politeness. But guess what? It’s even better when you can share it with family. If you’re nodding your head thinking, “Man, I wish my parents could see this!”, then this guide is for you. Let’s get your folks over for a visit, shall we? Here’s your easy-going, no-jargon guide to getting that Canadian Parental Visitor Visa.
🍁 Step 1: Check If They’re Eligible
First things first. Before we get your folks packing their bags, let’s make sure they’re in the clear:
- Relationship: They gotta be your parents or grandparents. Uncles, aunts, or that cool distant cousin twice removed won’t cut it.
- Invitation: You, their child or grandchild in Canada, should be ready to vouch for them. You’ll need to send a written invitation detailing your family, your Canadian status, and a promise to support them during their stay.
- Insurance is a Must: Your folks will need Canadian medical insurance covering at least a year with a minimum coverage of $100,000. Safety first, right?
🍁 Step 2: Get Those Papers Together
Alright, time for some paperwork (but don’t worry, we’ll keep it breezy):
- The Invitation: The one you wrote, remember? Along with a copy of your passport or permanent resident card.
- Proof of Relationship: Birth certificates or any documents that show the connection.
- Insurance Proof: The insurance policy they’ve purchased, with all the important details.
- Proof They’ll Leave: It’s not that Canada doesn’t love having them, but they’ll need to show things like property, a job, or family ties that ensure they’ll head back home eventually.
🍁 Step 3: Let’s Apply!
Head on over to the Canadian immigration website and follow the guidelines for applying for a visitor visa. Once everything’s filled out, attach the required docs, and hit submit. Boom! Application is done.
🍁 Step 4: Wait It Out
Alright, the application’s in, but now comes the waiting game. While Canada’s usually speedy, it’s good for the folks to hold off on buying those flight tickets till they get that sweet visa confirmation.
🍁 Step 5: Welcome to Canada!
Once the visa’s approved, it’s go-time. When they arrive, a friendly Canadian border services officer will greet them, check their documents, and then it’s all set. Family time begins!
Before We Wrap: Even with our laid-back guide, it’s always a smarty-pants move to double-check details on the official website or chat with someone who knows the ropes, like an immigration consultant.
So there you have it, the ultimate chill guide to getting your parents over to Canada. Whether it’s for those holiday dinners or just some quality time, Canada’s all set to play host. Let the family fun begin! 🍁🥳🎉
If you’re ever unsure about anything or need help understanding immigration regulations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a qualified immigration professional for assistance.
You can book a consultation for case-specific queries.
Turningstone Immigration Consulting is a full-service Immigration consultancy. Our services are provided by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC-IRB).
We deal in all types of immigration-related applications, like Permanent Residence (PR), Study Permits, Work Permits, PGWP, Visit Visa (Temporary Resident Visas), Super Visa, Family Sponsorships for PR Applications, Refusals, and much more. Contact Us Today.