IRCC Update- For visitor visa applications submitted before September 7, 2021
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has issued a new update on September 07, 2021, regarding Visitor Visa applications to Canada, which were submitted before September 07, 2021.
If you submitted your application before September 7, 2021, and you have not received a decision, IRCC recommends submitting a new application via the IRCC Portal if you’re travelling for one of the following reasons:
- to unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
- to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
- to unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
- to visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
- to attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
- to be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
- to provide care to a critically ill person
- to join a vessel as a marine crew member
- to assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
- to handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
Please note IRCC also has stated to ensure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number.
Also by submitting a new application, the previous visitor visa application will be withdrawn. IRCC has also stated, “There is no guarantee of a refund, and you won’t receive a letter to confirm that your application has been withdrawn”. This means that you may not get the refund for your previous application, if you submit a new one, as per the eligibility criteria above.
Do you need a hand with your application, contact us today. Turningstone Immigration Consulting is a full-service Immigration consultancy. Our services are provided by Certified Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).
We deal in all types of immigration-related applications, like, Express Entry, Permanent Residence (PR) applications, Study Permits, Work Permits, PGWP, Visit Visa (Temporary Resident Visas), Super Visa, Family Sponsorships for PR Applications, Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), Refusals of all application types and much more. Contact Us Today.